Business Development Manager
Location: Köln, North Rhine-Westphalia DE
Job Number: 316
The EMEA sales, solutions and marketing function is responsible for the growth of new business by developing and securing profitable opportunities in the region and globally. The team is responsible for generating new leads, developing market-leading and innovative solutions to meet client needs, negotiating and closing new client contracts. The team is also the most visible ‘face’ of the Randstad Sourceright brand and its capability. It is expected to play an active role in positioning us as thought-leaders in the market, through an effective focus on solutions and a consultative selling approach that highlights our advisor and professional services credibility.
To lead and manage the sales function across a defined geography. Strengthen market position of Randstad Sourceright across the target area by setting the right market strategy, managing sales activities and designing client solutions to win new business consistent with our strategic goals.
Data Collection & Analysis
Analyses key themes using data from a wide range of sources and identifies possible impacts on the business.
- Research, monitor and report on market/competitor activity within the MSP/RPO arena.
- Maintain business intelligence and increase company-wide awareness and knowledge.
Develops innovative solutions by integrating and analysing complex and diverse information sources.
- Drives and enhances the interaction between implementation, operations, technology, legal, HR and finance teams to arrive at the right solution to meet the client objectives that RSR can implement and deliver, in a compliant way and at the right price.
Should support the process, timetable and writing for bid/proposal submissions including sign-off for the proposed solution.
- Become and remain an expert on the solutions provided by Randstad Sourceright.
- Continually improve RSR’s capability to design an appropriate solution to a client scenario that would meet the client’s and RSR’s commercial objectives.
Client & Customer Management (External)
Manages key client and customer relationships, typically by using account teams to ensure their ongoing satisfaction and loyalty toward the organisation.
- Should lead and present at external and internal meetings to drive business development.
- Be a trusted advisor to clients on total workforce strategy.
Sells complex/customised products and services to significant customers and/or manages a sales department to achieve sales targets over a significant area.
- Should generate new leads personally and through the team by using appropriate channels.
- Negotiate and close contracts.
- Contribute to thought leadership white papers across the recruitment and HR services market.
- Act as an ambassador and role model for the business.
- Should have substantial general work experience together with comprehensive job-related experience in own area of expertise to fully competent level.
- Evidence of successful large and complex sales achievements.
- Proven people management experience.
- Proven experienced in a similar function especially within the MSP/RPO.
- Experience of working with multi-layered (matrix) sales/implementations/operations teams on bid process.
- Experience of designing and producing approaches for MSP/RPO and specialist recruitment solutions.
- Demonstrable evidence of working on complex solutions to tight deadlines.
- Professional recruitment sectors.
- Experience in working on international sales / bid opportunities.
- Experience of planning and managing resources to deliver predetermined objectives as specified by more senior managers.
- Solid level of German AND English
Job Number: 316
Community / Marketing Title: Business Development Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Köln, North Rhine-Westphalia DE