Managing Director of Digital
Location: Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
Job Number: 1355
The role can be based in UK/anywhere in EMEA !
Job context and purpose
IT and data play a much bigger role every day in our business at Randstad:
- Our clients demand more digital services and solutions from Randstad
- We are more often integrating our systems with client systems
The speed at which technology within our industry develops keeps increasing exponentially. In order for Randstad to keep its leading position in our industry, we need to accelerate our pace and further professionalize the way in which we use IT and data towards and with our clients. By creating the position of Managing Director, Digital, Randstad is advancing its plan to address these needs as well as accelerate business growth, drive market differentiation and propel value creation for clients. The Managing Director is a client-focused, influential leader who has digital and technical expertise and has demonstrated outcomes-based execution in the field. The MD is responsible for driving strategic technology initiatives across the portfolio of Randstad Sourceright.
This role is integral in bringing together the multi-disciplined groups across Randstad including, but not limited to, the Digital Factory (DF), Randstad Enterprise Group (REG), the global CIO/CTO community (in particular the regional designated CIO leader squad for RSR), the enterprise innovation squad, the randstad innovation fund and others as outlined in the responsibilities below. The Managing Director will work in close partnership with the CEO of Randstad Sourceright and the Senior Vice President of Digital Transformation in the Digital Factory to ensure alignment across operating companies and the Group. The role requires exceptional influencing, communication and networking skills in order to achieve success in a highly complex and matrix environment.
- Responsible for leading and directing the newly formed Global Innovation and Strategic Technologies (GIST) organization
- Drive overall digital strategy - technology, tools and data solutions to produce actionable insights
- Responsible for managing the Senior Vice President Global Infrastructure and Strategic Technologies and setting their team’s priorities
Cross-Company IT Liaison
- Serve as the spokesperson for RSR IT needs with Global Group IT and the Digital Factory
- Ensure that the needs of RSR are rightly prioritized on the backlogs of our global IT teams and digital factory (directly and indirectly pending final setup)
- Own and drive the list of requirements from RSR/REG towards Global Group IT and the Digital Factory
Client IT & Data Liaison
- Be the go-to person for clients with regards to IT and data
- Work directly with clients and their IT organizations to ensure we use technology in the best possible way
- Align on technical choices with the clients
Digital Solution Metrics & KPIs
- Ownership for the success metrics and KPIs for all digital solutions in place with/for clients in RSR/REG
- Responsible for tracking the KPIs and adoption metrics for our digital solutions
- Ownership of the measurements and reporting of the ROI for our tech solutions at clients
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Master’s degree or additional education, strongly preferred
- Agile or LEAN training preferred
- Significant experience as a strategic leader managing in complex, rapidly changing, digital business environments
- 10 years or more experience in IT in international companies, preferably working with commercial functions like Sales and Marketing
- 5+ years experience in modern IT architecture (managed clouds, PaaS, SaaS, APi first mindset)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Good Experience with international client/supplier relationships.
- Experience with Agile frameworks preferred.
- Experience with professional staffing or human resources solutions, highly preferred
- Experience in change/transformational leadership skills is required
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate with executive leadership internally and externally
- Previous experience building business cases and negotiating and managing budgets required
- Strong understanding of advanced business planning
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and transform into insights
additional skills needed
- Excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
Job Number: 1355
Community / Marketing Title: Managing Director of Digital
Location_formattedLocationLong: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland NL