Location: Budapest, Pest HU
Job Number: 2436
Who are we?
Randstad Sourceright is a global talent leader, providing solutions and expertise that help companies position for growth, execute on strategy, and improve business agility. Sourceright’s experience encompasses all facets of talent acquisition of permanent employees and the contingent and contractor workforce. Key offerings include Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO), Managed Services Provider (MSP) programs, and Blended Workforce Solutions. Randstad Sourceright offers solutions across the in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region.
Purpose of the job:
Supports MSP and RPO clients with regulation and contractual compliance activities for the on boarding of new workers in to roles. Works in complex situations with e.g. big volumes and different tasks.
What will you do?
Compliance Support includes
- Management of new compliance requests from internal stakeholders
- Contact with newly starting candidates to initiate the compliance process
- Uploading of candidate details in to technologies
- Management of ongoing compliance cases to completion
- Review of compliance documentation against legal and contractual requirements
- 1st line support for worker queries
- Management of extension paperwork
- Release of timesheets in various VMS systems
- Management of Candidates payroll data in RSR Technologies
- Preparation of offer paperwork
- Facilitate onboarding & conduct reference checks
- Execute client and candidate satisfaction surveys
- Facilitation of off-boarding
- Manage time and expenses of temporary workers
- Candidate communications around timesheet deadlines and changes to contractual terms
- Support payroll to solve financial issues related to the contractors/workers
- General administrative tasks within VMS
- Is internal client ‘single point of contact’ (SPOC) from a daily delivery/operational perspective.
What are we looking for?
o University (Bachelor's) degree
o Minimum of 1 years administration experience in (preferably) human resources or service center environment outside RSR or minimum 1 year working experience within the Shared Service Centre of RSR.
o Excellent command of English language (written and spoken)
o Attention to details: can deal with detailed information effectively over a long period of time.
o Be able to work under pressure: able to perform effectively under time pressure and can deal effectively with setbacks and criticism.
o Cooperation: know how to work effectively, in team, to achieve a collective result, even when the objective is not clearly related to immediate personal interest.
o Discipline: comply with applicable rules, procedures and policy of the organization; in case of changes or doubts, seek information from the proper authority.
o Diversity: respect the diversity of individuals/nations/cultures and histories and easily adapt to cultural changes with interest.
o Impact: effective communication skills and the necessary self-confidence to create a strong impression.
o Multitasking: able to execute several tasks and manage several processes at the same time.
o Planning & organizing: organize own work effectively by formulating objectives and planning activities, available time and energy, and focusing on the main issues and acute problems.
o Process-driven: strong process driven attitude with an always open eye on potential process improvement opportunities.
Job Number: 2436
Community / Marketing Title: Compliance Officer